Maverick City Music Win Four GRAMMY Awards
Congratulations to TRIBL recording artist Maverick City Music who won FOUR awards at the 65th Annual GRAMMY Awards. Maverick City Music completely swept all Gospel and Contemporary Christian music categories, winning every category in which they were nominated — Best Gospel Performance/Song, Best Gospel Album, Best Contemporary Christian Music Album, and Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song.
“This collaboration — not just with Kirk Franklin, but also with the 1,500 residents at Everglades Correctional Institution — is the heart of the Kingdom,” says Maverick City Music. “For the first time ever, a singular artist won every Christian and Gospel category. This truly is a testament to what following God’s vision can do.”
In addition to the group’s historic GRAMMY wins, Maverick City Music also performed “Without You” alongside Quavo in a moving tribute to Migos’ fallen member Takeoff during the program’s “In Memoriam.” With this performance, the record-breaking music collective aims to raise awareness around gun violence and keeping the faith during troubled times.
The GRAMMY-winning album ‘Kingdom Book One’ is a collaboration with Kirk Franklin and aims to raise awareness toward the plight of mass incarceration. At the end of 2022, Maverick City Music wrapped their box-office, record-shattering arena tour with sold-out shows across the country, including Barclays Center in New York City.
- Best Gospel Performance/Song
- “Kingdom,” Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin; Kirk Franklin, Jonathan Jay, Chandler Moore & Jacob Poole, songwriters
- Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song
- “Fear Is Not My Future,” Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin; Kirk Franklin, Nicole Hannel, Jonathan Jay, Brandon Lake and Hannah Shackelford, songwriters
- Best Gospel Album
- ‘Kingdom Book One Deluxe,’ Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin
- Best Contemporary Christian Music Album
- ‘Breathe,’ Maverick City Music
Maverick City Music is managed by Undivided Entertainment, and their label home is Tribl Records. Shore Fire Media handles PR representation.